Homegrown Microgreens Salad
Microgreens are packed with vitamins and minerals
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup of microgreens
- 1 blood orange (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 avocado (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrot or daikon radish
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp . cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp . lemon juice
- 1 clove chopped garlic (optional)
- A dash of salt and pepper
- Place microgreens in a bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients.
- Stir up your vinaigrette in a little jar and pour on top of the salad.
Yield: 1-2 servings
SMOKY SAUSAGE AND MICROGREEN PIZZA
Yields three pizza pies
- 1 batch pizza dough
- corn meal, for dusting
- 1 pound pound pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- salt and black pepper
- 12 ounces tomato paste (more or less as needed)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (more or less as needed)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups microgreens
- Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Taking a third of your pizza dough, shape and lay flat on a board dusted with cornmeal. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add the sausage. Heat over medium-high heat and cook until just browned on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the onions are tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium, and add the tomato paste. Coat the sausage mixture with the tomato paste and cook until it turns a deep red color. Slowly stir in the chicken broth, and stir or whisk until smooth. If you find that the sauce is too thin for a “pizza sauce,” add tablespoons of tomato paste until it reaches your desired consistency. It will thicken as it sits. If you find the sauce to be too thick, add tablespoons of chicken broth until it reaches your desired consistency. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the basil, sugar, chipotle chili powder, oregano and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm on the stove until you are ready to use.
- Spoon tomato sauce onto your prepared pizza dough in an even layer. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Slide the pizza into the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes or until the edges are brown and the top is bubbly.
- Top with microgreens and crushed red pepper.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for the 2 remaining portions of dough.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!