Non-Violent Communication

Communicating in a respectful and safe manner is a high value at Chuckleberry. It is expected that living & working closely with others, you will naturally get triggered* at times. We welcome your human process of self-discovery. We will support you to practice honest, skillful, self-disclosure of your insight into what is happening for you and what your needs are at the time. Non-violent, emotionally intelligent communication is our practiced standard to this end.

Developed by Marshall Rosenberg, Non-Violent Communication (NVC) is based on the principles of non-violence – the natural state of compassion when no violence is present in the heart. People who practice NVC experience greater authenticity in their communication, increased understanding, deepening connection and more successful conflict resolution.

In NVC, you are encouraged to focus the light of consciousness on what you are observing, imagining, feeling, and desiring.
The steps in NVC are as follows:
Step 1 (observing): “When you said – ‘I want to talk to you.’”
Step 2 (imagining): ‘I heard/imagined that I’ve done something wrong and that I’m in trouble.’
Step 3 (feeling): ‘I felt scared and frustrated.’
Stepy 4 (request): ‘I would like to check out if my assumption is correct.’

*Triggered: having a strong emotional reaction to something that some says or does, in which the level of emotional charge is disproportional to the present stimuli and is often connected to one’s history.