PAID MICROGREEN BUSINESS INTERNSHIP
Start Date: Aug 1st, 2021 – Aug 1st, 2022
Payment: Organic meals and accommodation. $300/month stipend + commitment completion bonus final payment $1000
What is so unique about Chuckleberry?
An internship at Chuckleberry is not only an opportunity to develop skills in organic farming and sustainable living in a conscious intentional community, it is an opportunity to develop your connection with your spiritual life – who you are, what your purpose is and how to express that in this life. Our morning check in circles, our weekly Community Emotional Intelligence training as well as the emotionally honest relational world you’re surrounded by at Chuckleberry will develop in you a deeper, more genuine, more soul satisfying way of relating.
Living at Chuckleberry also allows you to sample the highly-coveted West Kootenay lifestyle – a balance of the spectacular outdoors (hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, white-water kayaking, skiing) as well as unique, vibrant towns, like Nelson and Kaslo, brimming with music, art, farmers markets, and kind-hearted people that love to connect.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has a passion to learn the art of creating a successful organic farming business
- Seeks to balance that passion for outer success with deepening connection with their inner world
- Has a sincere interest in personal/spiritual growth and exploring their deeper nature
- Has developed communication and organizational skills
- Has computer skills, especially with Microsoft word. Skills with excel and quickbooks an asset
- Is able to both work as team leader supervising volunteers as well as maintain focus and motivation in self supervised work flows
30 hours a week of work & 2 hour Emotional Intelligence Training each week. Work hours are from 8:30am -12pm and 1pm -3:30pm with homemade lunch provided.
We require a minimum commitment from August 1st, 2020 – August 1st 2021. The Intern will be paid with organic meals & accommodation, a stipend of $300 per month with the final month payment of $1000 for successful completion of commitment. As well as, receiving the benefit of living our truly unique lifestyle, the Intern will also receive an in depth training in:
- Growing organic microgreens at a commercial level
- Living with and utilizing sustainable off grid systems
- Emotional Intelligence communication promoting greater skill fullness, deeper authenticity and increased capacity for genuine connections in relationships
Organic Meals: Our kitchen is fully stocked with predominantly organic ingredients. A vegan/vegetarian diet is provided. Lunch is cooked in house on working days. Interns can cook whatever they like in their time off with the plentyfull ingredients available. A recent volunteer puts it best: “ALSO the food is non stop DELICIOUS, so many great inspiring cooks, a pantry full of playful ingredients and so much love put into all the meals and sweet treats!”
Accommodation: We have a variety of accommodations available, and will do our best to meet your needs. You will live on our pristine 18-acre property in the Selkirk Mountains, 15 minutes west of Nelson, in the West Kootenays, British Columbia. The land is south sloping with a very generous south exposure supporting great organic gardening & orchards as well as passive solar, photovoltaic power and an annualized Geo Solar Building.
We have a comfortable community centre in our earthship that is built into the side of the mountain. It includes our kitchen, living area, bathing facilities and practice room. The practice room is a large, bright, comfortable room stocked with yoga mats, instruments, meditation pillows, a library, and much more. Use of Internet is available with some restrictions. Free laundry facilities are available.
Nelson is accessible by public transit from the farm. It’s a vibrant town that’s small and in a beautiful setting, yet has lots to offer with specialty shops and services available. “Top notch” hiking trails with breathtaking views and provincial parks are abundant in this area. World class ski resorts are also within 30 minutes – 1 hour drive from the farm.
We cultivate our consciousness daily through our choice of presence with all of our feelings. We are learning to relax into our uncomfortable feelings and own the projections that can stem from these disowned feelings. A Chuckleberry internship is a unique opportunity to explore this without being rushed and with the support of a community that holds the same intentions.
We provide healthy lifestyle choices and limit choices that are less supportive to our intention of nourishing the healthy evolution of consciousness. We intend to fully inhabit our lives in all of their beauty and their challenges. We choose not to medicate our uncomfortable feelings but rather to develop our capacities to fully welcome all of the learning that comes through honestly facing all that’s inside of us. We cultivate presence, awareness and a sincere interest in our own self-discovery.
We provide a smoke, drug, alcohol, cell phone and computer free work environment.
We have an inhouse Emotional Intelligence training each week to support our ever-deepening relationships with highly effective relational skills. We also have a room in our community centre that is a dedicated space for people to engage in morning practices (eg. Yoga, pranayama, meditation) everyday. In afternoons and evenings different community events arise like sharing circles, yoga classes, drawing workshops, various meditation practices, movie nights.
If you have been looking for a place where you can prioritize your personal growth and spiritual development…
If you have been wanting to discover more of who you are through living closely with others in a conscious, intentional community….
If you have been wanting to learn high yield-small footprint organic farming…
Chuckleberry may just be what you have been looking for.
Please email your resume and application, including Interview Questions below to:
If you have any questions please feel free to call 250-359-6669.
Chuckleberry General Interview Questions
1. Are you fluent in English sufficiently so that you can follow detailed verbal instructions accurately?
2. What are your three best qualities?
3. What are your three greatest challenges?
4. Do you have any physical or mental challenges that we should be aware of?
5. What is your relationship to marijuana, alcohol and drugs?
6. Please let us know what kind of skills you have in the following areas. Additionally, please rate each area between 1 and 5 indicating your level of skill.
(1 = little experience and 5 = expert skill)
• Greenhouse work and\or garden work? (please detail your experience in this area)
• Construction and or maintenance work?
• Computer and\or office work; website/social media?
7. Chuckleberry is an organic commercial production farm. We are looking for farm workers who are naturally productive and enjoy a highly efficient work environment. What do you know about yourself in regards to productivity in the workplace?
8. Could you provide us with two references we could reach by phone?
9. Please include a picture of yourself and a phone number that we could reach you at. Please also indicate a good time to call you.
Thank you for your time!